A 810nm diode laser, sometimes referred to as an 808nm diode laser is a type of laser that is commonly used for laser hair removal. It produces a wavelength of 810 nanometres (nm), which is absorbed well by the pigment (melanin) in hair. The laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair shaft and follicle. It damages the hair-producing cells and prevents the hair from growing back.
Laser hair removal with an 810 nm diode laser is generally safe and effective and can be used to remove hair from almost any part of the body. It is a popular choice for hair removal because it can treat a large area in a relatively short amount of time and produces good results with minimal discomfort.
A diode laser for hair removal comes in many other wavelengths such as 755nm Alexandrite and 1064nm Yag. These are both good wavelengths for a specific target and will be discussed in another article.
- Wavelength: The wavelength of a laser refers to the distance between successive peaks of the laser’s electromagnetic wave. The 810 nm wavelength is absorbed well by the pigment (melanin) in hair and is effective for targeting and destroying the hair-producing cells.
- Fluence: Fluence is a measure of the energy density of a laser beam. It is typically measured in joules per square centimetre (J/cm^2). The fluency of a laser beam determines the amount of energy that is delivered to the tissue being treated and can affect the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Pulse duration: The pulse duration of a laser refers to the amount of time that the laser is emitting energy during each pulse. A longer pulse duration may deliver more energy to the tissue, but it may also increase the risk of side effects such as skin irritation.
- Spot size: The spot size of a laser refers to the size of the area being treated with each pulse. A larger spot size may be able to treat a larger area in a shorter amount of time, but it may also increase the risk of side effects.
- Repetition rate: the pulses per second a laser delivers, affect treatment speed. Higher rates may treat more areas but increase side effects.
HOW DOES 810 DIODE LASER WORK
During a laser hair removal treatment with an 810 nm diode laser, a beam of laser light is directed at the area of the skin being treated. Laser energy, absorbed by hair pigment (melanin), damages cells, preventing hair regrowth in the shaft and follicle.
The 810 nm wavelength is absorbed well by the pigment in the hair, which makes it effective for targeting and destroying the hair-producing cells. The laser energy is delivered in short pulses, which allows the laser to heat up the hair follicles without damaging the surrounding skin.
810 nm diode laser hair removal is safe and effective, but some may experience redness, swelling, or irritation afterward.. These side effects are usually temporary and resolve on their own within a few days.
The 810 nm diode laser is popular for comfortable, lasting laser hair removal, effectively eliminating unwanted hair with minimal discomfort.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WOULD YOU NEED FOR A LASER HAIR REMOVAL
On average, most people will need between 3 and 7 laser hair removal treatments to achieve optimal results. However, some people may need more treatments, while others may require fewer treatments.
- It is important to note that laser hair removal works by damaging the hair-producing cells, which can take time to show results.
- It is normal for treated hair to continue growing for several weeks after a laser hair removal treatment, as the damaged hair takes time to be shed from the skin.
- Follow the recommended treatment schedule to ensure proper spacing and maximize the effectiveness of laser hair removal.
The aftercare for diode laser hair removal is generally straightforward and simple. Here are some general guidelines for aftercare:
- Avoid exposure to the sun: After treatment, it is important to avoid exposing the treated area to the sun for at least a week. If you must be in the sun, be sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Avoid hot water: Avoid hot showers, hot tubs, and saunas for at least a day after treatment.
- Avoid physical activity: It is best to avoid strenuous physical activity for at least a day after treatment, as this can cause sweating which may irritate the treated area.
- Avoid certain products: Avoid using any products that contain alcohol, fragrances, or other irritants on the treated area for at least a day after treatment.
- Use cold compresses: If the treated area is painful or swollen, you can apply a cold compress to help reduce discomfort.
- Avoid picking at scabs or blisters: If any scabs or blisters form on the treated area, it is important to avoid picking at them. Let them heal naturally to avoid scarring.
It is also important to follow any specific aftercare instructions provided by a qualified provider.
For those who wish to start a Laser business using one of the most advanced diode lasers on the market. The AW3 Laser machine is one of the most reliable and effective systems developed by www.allwhitelaser.com